Application Instructions for 2022-2023
The Scholars with Diverse Abilities Program is excited to review your application! Application reviews will begin in December. We encourage applicants to complete their applications by December 1 for priority consideration. After that, SDAP will review new applications until all spaces for the 2022-2023 academic year are filled. Follow this link to begin the Scholars with Diverse Abilities Application. Please note, the application will close on January 15, 2022.
Please contact our office should you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Application Process Timeline
- Completed applications are reviewed by the SDAP Admissions Committee in December and January. Applicants who submit all required application materials by December 1st are given priority consideration. The application will close on January 15th.
- Virtual interviews are conducted in late January and February
- Applicants are selected by mid-April. Admission decision letters will appear on your MyMountaineer Status Page. Letters are sent out by the university notifying applicants.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to reapply in subsequent years if they are not initially accepted. Applicants may also be placed on a waitlist.
Requirements for Admission to the SDAP program
Applicants Must Have:
- Documentation implicating intellectual disability
- Current high school enrollment in their final year or have completed an occupational course of study (OCS) or similar diploma or certificate program
- Defined academic, career, and personal goals
- An effective way of communicating
- Healthy social interaction skills
- The ability to manage personal hygiene and medication needs
- A sense of emotional well being and willingness to try new things
While SDAP provides an academic, social, and career training experience to individuals with intellectual disabilities at ASU, our program may not be able to accommodate all of your needs, particularly if they are behavioral or emotional and impede learning or social development. In addition, the SDAP program cannot be responsible for medication management. Please contact the SDAP program prior to applying if you have any questions or concerns.
Instructions for submitting application materials are listed on the MyMountaineer Status Page.
1. Information Forms:
Family Information Forms
Educational Information Form (to be filled out by the Applicant)
Educational Information Form (to be filled out by the parent/guardian)
2. Letter of Intent:
Letter of Intent Template Guide
Editable Resume Template
4. Recommendation Forms
- Recommendation Form from Teacher
- Recommendation Form from Supervisor
- Recommendation Form from Peer
5. Two most recent IEPs
6. Most recent re-evaluation including Psychological and Adaptive Behavior Assessment (such as the Vineland)
7. Official High School Transcripts (if you have not yet graduated send a copy of your most current transcript)
8. Proof of Guardianship form
9. Personal Flipgrid Video (instructions will be sent to your email address after you submit your application.)
10. Personal Inventory Form
Other Optional Documents:
- Portfolio of Work Samples
- Documentation from Vocational Rehabilitation