College Life Fellows for the Scholars with Diverse Abilities Program provide a residential support system for program Scholars. College Life Fellows live in the residential hall with Scholars, provide friendship and mentorship, help develop independent living and social interaction skills, and are available for Scholars during most evenings and weekends.
College Life Fellows is open to a limited number of undergraduate students. Continuing students going into their sophomore year or above, who are in good academic standing, are elibigle to become College Life Fellows. Fellows live in residence halls with SDAP students and can earn between $2,500-4,500 per year.
College Life Fellows are supported by SDAP and the SDAP network of student supports. The SDAP office will provide training prior to the beginning of the Fall semester and throughout the school year.
College Life Fellows provide a positive, safe and secure residence environment for our Scholars with Diverse Abilities.
If you are interested in being a College Life Fellow with SDAP, please email email@example.com.
College Life Fellows Responsibilities
- Create a positive residence hall room atmosphere
- Maintain room safety
- Ensure that Scholars are in their rooms nightly
- Aid Scholars in preparing for the day ahead
- Model behaviors and acitivities to help Scholars develop skills for independent living and social interaction
- Occasional weekend responsibilities*
* College Life Fellows are supported by SDAP and a network of student supports and volunteers. Training, assistance and opportunities for respite are available to support a successful experience for both Fellows and Scholars.
Benefits of Becoming a Fellow
Working with Scholars is a fun and rewarding experience that has a positive impact on the community.
- Develop meaningful networks and friendships
- Develop new skills and build confidence for both the Scholars and yourself
- Enjoy personal and professional growth
- Build your resume
- Have guaranteed housing in a campus residence hall
Eligibility Requirements for College Life Fellows Applicants
- Continuing undergraduate student going into their sophomore year or above
- Good academic standing with at least 2.0 GPA
- Interest in supporting a student with an intellectual disability
- Ability to act as a role model and maintain residence hall room safety
- Ability to practice self-care and ask for help when needed
- Ability to pass a background check with Student Conduct
If you have any questions about becoming a College Life Fellow, please reach out to SDAP via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.